- Did you know that nuts don't cause acne?
- Did you know that JBC Food Corp was first established in 1988?
- Did you know that peanuts have zero cholesterol and high on
- Did you know that Happy peanuts is the leading brand of peanuts
in the Philippines market?
- Did you know that Mr. Bean is the first commercially available
mini-pop beans in the Philippines offering a crunchy tasting bean
- Did you know that peanuts is good for your heart as it contains
a phytochemical called "resveratol" which is also found in red
- Did you know that Barry is the ant's name in Barnuts?
- Did you know that JBC is part of the Rebisco Group of Food Companies
which offers different snack foods like biscuit, wafer, candies,
- Did you know that JBC Food Corporation is affiliated with Snack
Food Association (SFA) , an international snack food organization
that includes such companies as Frito Lay and other big US snack
- Did you know that Dr. George Washington Carver is “The Father of the Peanut Industry”? He developed more than 300 uses of peanuts in the early 1990’s.
- Peanuts have been to space! Astronaut Allen B. Sheppard brought a peanut on his Apollo mission to the moon.
- Tom Miller pushed a peanut to the top of Pike’s Peak (14,100 feet) using his nose in 4 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes and 3 seconds
- The Incans of Peru (early as 1500 B.C) used peanuts as sacrificial offerings and entombed them with their mummies to aid in the spirit life.
- The peanut plant produces a small yellow flower
- Before Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter became the president of USA, they were peanut farmers.
- Did you know who holds the Guinness World Record in Peanut Throwing? He is Adrian Finch of Australia, throwing the lovable legume 111 feet and 10 inches in 1999.
- Ever wonder why where the term “Peanut Gallery” comes from? The term became popular in the late 19th century and referred to the rear or uppermost seats in a theater, which were also the cheapest seats. People seated in such gallery were able to throw peanuts, a common food at theaters, at those seated below them. It is also applied to the first row of seats in a movie theater, for the occupants of those seats could throw peanuts at the stage, stating displeasure with the performance.
- Did you know that one-ounce of peanuts contains many of the vitamins and minerals necessary for the body’s growth and maintenance?
- Peanuts start out as an aboveground flower but eventually make their way underground where the peanut matures.
Misconception: Peanuts Cause Acne
Contrary to the belief that acne are caused by eating too much peanuts,
studies, such as the one conducted by the American Academy of Dermatology,
have found no connection from such. The Journal of American Medical
Association concurred in a published study that "diet plays
no role in acne treatment in most patients…even large amounts
of certain foods have not clinically exacerbated acne." However,
what is recommended for acne preventive care is maintaining a healthy
diet and having a vitamin regimen. It has been recommended that
a person should add more fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts to
the diet. Nuts contain Vitamins B3, E, and Zinc. These nutrients
promote a healthy body and a healthy skin. Vitamin B3 reduces cholesterol
and improves circulation, Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant, which
protects the cells against free radicals, and Zinc boosts the immune
system. These studies show that peanuts are good sources of nutrients
that protect the skin from acne.
The Peanut Institute -
American Peanut Council - http://www.peanutusa.com/
Beer Nuts - http://www.beer-nuts.com/
American Dietetic Association -
Acne.Com - http://www.acne.com/
National Peanut Board - http://www.nationalpeanutboard.org/
The Great Idea Finder - http://www.ideafinder.com/
|Discover new and exciting ways to give life to your food using JBC products
1) MR. BEAN GOURMET SALADS
As modern technology advances, people lead more stressful, fast-paced lives, eating unhealthy fast food for lunch and even dinner. If slaving over a hot stove for a healthy home-cooked meal is not your thing, get a quick-fix healthy meal with a protein-enriched salad. With our Mr. Bean Gourmet Salad recipes, healthy living is not just a possibility…its a reality.
Fruit Peanut Salad Sensation
Grapes, Strawberries, Mandarins (all sliced in half)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
MR. BEAN Pop Beans
In a bowl, mix together the salad greens, fruits, Happy peanuts, and feta cheese. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top off with Mr. Bean pop beans.
2) MAGIC PEANUT BUTTER SNACKS
Elvis Presley may be the King of Rock N’ Roll but his favorite snack of all time is made up of common food items found in any good wife’s kitchen and so simple that it can be prepared by kids. Behold the Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Elvis’ Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
In a small bowl, mash the banana with the back of a spoon. Toast the bread lightly. Spread the peanut butter on one slice of toast and the mashed banana on the other. In between, put crispy honey-cured bacon slices (cooked already). Fry the sandwich in melted butter until golden brown. Cut diagonally. Drizzle with honey. Serves one. Best served hot.